Mindful Breathing Breathwork Course
Learn how to use your breath to:
Tap into your nervous system
Reduce your stress
Balance your mood and energy
Increase your mental focus
improve your digestion
Sleep more restfully
In this Mindful Breathing BreathWork Course, you will learn several different breathing techniques in 3 different categories:
No prior experience is needed, and all of the breathing techniques are gentle and can be done by anyone. The intention of this course is to understand how you can connect with your autonomic nervous system and use different breathing patterns and techniques to modulate mechanical, chemical, and nervous systems in your body and effect changes physically, mentally, and emotionally.
You will learn:
- about breathing mechanics and how to control your rate of breath to influence your nervous system.
- about the chemistry of breathing and what roles oxygen and CO2 play in your body’s balance and well-being.
- about the sympathetic nervous system (fight, flight, or freeze) and the parasympathetic nervous system (rest, digest, and repair), and how we can balance and tone them to reduce the damaging effects of prolonged stress on the body.
- approximately 10 different breathing techniques and when and how to use them to affect desired changes in your body.
The course is presented in eight, self-study modules that you can complete at your own pace.
In each 30-45 minute module you will:
- do a guided breathing session
- learn a new topic on breathing
- learn a new breathing practice