Mindful Breathing BreathWork Course
In this Mindful Breathing BreathWork Course, you will learn several different breathing techniques in 3 different categories: Calming, Balancing, and Stimulating. No prior experience is needed, and all of the breathing techniques are gentle and can be done by anyone. The intention of these breathing practices is to understand how you can connect with your autonomic nervous system and use different breathing patterns and techniques to modulate mechanical, chemical, and nervous systems in your body and effect changes physically, mentally, and emotionally. This gives you a direct means to lower your chronic stress responses and bring your mind and body back into ease and balance.
- You will learn about breathing mechanics and how to control your rate of breath to influence your nervous system.
- You will learn about the chemistry of breathing and what roles oxygen and CO2 play in your body’s balance and well-being.
- You will learn about the sympathetic nervous system (fight, flight, or hide) and the parasympathetic nervous system (rest, digest, and repair), and how we can balance and tone them to reduce the damaging effects of prolonged stress on the body.
- You will learn approximately 10 different breathing techniques and when and how to use them to affect desired changes in your body.
The course is presented in eight modules that you can complete at your own pace.
In each 30-45 minute module we will:
- do a guided breathing session together
- learn a new topic on breathing
- have time for discussion
- learn a new breathing practice
We begin this life with an inhale, and when it is over, we leave it with an exhale, and in between, the breath is our constant companion.